Monday, October 30, 2006

LAX and 16 Hours of flying

Ok, so we only spent the first 5 hours of our much awaited vacation in several lines at LAX. Luckily, the Hindi couple in front of us made the wait all the more intorelable. What is it with Hindu's and soap anyway? Is it like krypotonite to them? Will it render them unable to make telemarketing calls at dinner time? Ah yes, the unwashed masses.

And the restrooms! My God.. I have been in five Mexican airports, many bars and hellholes over the years, but the LAX restrooms are the absolute worst, especially considering they are in Los Angeles.

Anyway, once on the plane, the 16 hour flight just breezed by. I think I memorized the script from "The Devil Wears Prada" from the eight times they ran the movie. I am SO sorry I did not but that liter bottle of Patron Tequila in the duty free shop. I needed to be sedated.

When I purchased the plane tickets it was late at night, so I must have clicked on the wrong option for the meal, because the stewardess came to confirm that we had the "special medical dinner". Lynn said "NO WAY!", as she wanted the full regular deal. I said sure, Ill try it. Turns out it wasnt much healthier than the regular meal, and actually, our second meal, breakfast, mine was better than hers. BUT THE GOOD thing is that they serve you first! I did not have to wait for the rest of the Riff Raff to be fed!. By the time I was done, they barely started feeding everyone else, so I had the plane to myself. On a long fligh like that means you get to use the restroom before it gets inhabitable by human beings, in other words, LAX worthy restrooms.

We finally reached Hong Kong Int'l after 12 hours and switched planes. The airport is very nice, modern, efficient and the restrooms are "A-Ok roundeye". Actually, it makes LAX look like a 3rd world country.

Only 2 more hours and we're in Manila. Aside from shear boredem, the flight wasn't too bad.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home