Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Manila Arrival

Arrival in Manila Int'l was at 11:30 AM, Sunday morning (that's 7:30PM Saturday night to you westerners) We lost one day from crossing the international dateline.

After customs, changing money, etc., we went outside to find Lynn's family. The first thing you notice was the 90 degree heat and the 90% humid. It could have been worse, as the month prior they had 100 degree heat and 100% humid. "Why am I hear" I ask myself, as I sway from the oppressive heat. I think I am having a stroke. The Lynn screams "There they are!" and brings me back to reality. I remember why. I remember why.

We meet them and do the greetings and jump in a van they rented for the occasion, and start the 45 mile, 3 hour drive to Pagsanjan,Laguna. They are so excited to see Lynn and so is she, it is just a solid 3 hours of chatter and laughter. Her family is amazed I have not stopped sweating..."Cuz its like a freaking sauna" I tell myself, delusional from heat, loss of water and minerals and no sleep for almost 40 hours. They say I should take care, I might get a stroke.

And yes, the restroom at Manila International surpass LAX's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home